At Best In Show Pet Resort we believe training starts with you, the owner
So much so that the first class is just you and our trainers. We want to make sure the obedience we teach and our teaching methods continue as soon as you walk out of the door. Call us to schedule an appointment for a free evaluation at our dog training center here in Mineola, NY. We’re convenient to the all of Nassau and Suffolk counties.
Training Philosophy & Methods
At the Best In Show Pet Resort, we use dog-friendly techniques, including positive reinforcement training. All training is individualized based on breed, age and temperament. There is no one size fits all approach. Our award-winning dog training program revolves around three core ideas:
- Teaching you how to maintain your dog’s positive behaviors with continued improvement.
- Teaching your dog to respond to verbal commands with an encouraging approach.
- Ensuring the training sticks with you both well beyond the 7 weeks we’re together.
Who needs dog training?
- Does your dog have trouble walking calmly while on a leash?
- Is your dog taking you for a walk?
- Does your dog jump on you or your friends?
- Has your dog been kicked out of other obedience classes due behavior issues?
- Are you having trouble communicating basic obedience commands to your dog?
- Is your dog training you?
If you said yes to any of these questions, please come by for our free training evaluation.
Free Dog Training Evaluation
We offer a free evaluation where you can meet with one of our training specialists and we can then assess your dog and learn about your specific needs. All of this will help us to design a personally tailored program that is right for you. Don’t miss this excellent offer to have a free evaluation today!
Benefits of Dog Training
Our group training class teaches basic obedience including sit, down, stay and “leave it” . We also tackle certain behavioral problems such as unruly behavior, pulling on the leash and socialization with both people and other animals. With this training you’ll see the following benefits:
- Improved home life through reduced damage to your personal belongings, excessive barking, and both fear and separation anxiety.
- Your dog will also stop begging for food, be house broken, and properly walk on leash.
- And when around others, your dog will no longer get over excited, jump on guests, or add additional stress.
About our Dog Trainers
Best In Show Pet Resort’s award-winning staff is composed of a team of trainers who are highly educated in dog behaviors, reinforcement techniques and non-verbal body language. Our dog training department has earned their certification through the Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers (CCPDT). To read more about the CCPDT requirements, please visit their website here.